PRODUCTS: FUNCHO ANJEER POWDER, GIO INSTANT RAGI MALT
125 gm/ 1 cup Gio Instant Ragi malt
50 gm Funcho Anjeer Powder
100 gm Powdered Sugar
125 gm/ 1/2 cup Desi Ghee or Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp coarsely ground cashews and almonds
1. Sieve ragi flour + Anjeer powder +Powdered sugar + Baking powder
2. In a heavy based frying pan or pressure pan add 300-400 gm of salt(alternatively you can also use sand). Spread it evenly. Cover the pan and let it preheat sufficiently.
3. In the mixture of Ragi, add pinch of cardamom powder and half portion of ground almonds and cashews powder. Mix well, add melted ghee to the mixture and knead the dough.
4. Continue kneading until the dough becomes smooth. It should neither be too soft of too hard.
5. Make small portions from the dough, roll them into round shape. Flatten them gently with your palms and press some ground cashews and almonds on them.
6. Grease a plate with some ghee and put the nankhatai in the plate. Place a wire stand in the preheated pan and place the plate on it. Cover the pan with lid.
7. Bake it for 15 minutes on low flame and then check, Cook until nankhatai has turned puffy and brown.
8. Turn off the flame, take out the plate and let it cool. After it has cooled down, transfer the nankhatai to a decorative plate/bowl.
9. Serve delicious nankhatai as a dessert or snack for the kids.