Everybody loves cakes, from children to elders! There is not a single person in this world who has ever said no to it. But store brought cakes are usually made of “Maida” or what we call “Refined Flour” and also have very high sugar content. Hence, we usually think twice before giving such cakes to our children or even elders with diabetes. Don’t worry! Today we bring to you a very easy to bake and super healthy recipe of our favourite homemade “Anjeer Rawa Cake”. The secret healthy ingredient here is of course Burlyfield’s Anjeer (Fig) Powder which is naturally sweet and hence we are going to use half the quantity of sugar we would have used otherwise. One more specialty of this cake is that it is “Eggless”.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 minutes
1/2 cup Burlyfield’s Anjeer(Fig) powder
1 and 1/2 cup Rawa
1/2 cup Sugar (3/4 cup if you like sweet)
1 cup Curd
1 cup Milk
2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Add anjeer powder, rawa, milk, curd, ghee, and sugar in a container and mix well with a spatula or egg beater for about 5 minutes.
2. Add baking soda and baking powder to the mixture, mix lightly and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
4. Grease a baking tray with little ghee and pour the cake batter into the tray slowly.
5. Bake the cake for about 25 minutes at 180 Degrees Celsius in the preheated oven. You can adjust the baking time and temperature according to the texture you like.
6. Once you see the cake has risen and has a spongy texture, remove the cake from the oven and keep it aside to cool for some time.
7. Cut the cake into small squares and before you know it, your loved ones will gobble up the entire cake in minutes.